An inn, tavern, store, blockhouse, school, and church were built at Partridge Island in February of 1764.  Military records reveal that with permission from Governor Wilmot through Major Hamilton, a local British commander, Acadians Francois Arsenault and Jean Bourg, were allowed to continue operating a shallop as a ferryboat. (yes, the same ones who were operating it in 1730.  So, not all Acadians were expelled).

Menu